The Maffia and a an internation player in drinks & beverages are looking for a Communication Manager.
We are looking for a maternity cover for our Communication Manager based in Brussels. As an ad interim Communication Manager you will lead the communications agenda (corporate communications, brand PR and internal communications) for our company in Belgium & Luxembourg and protect & enhance the reputation of our brands, category and company, contributing to the future sustainable growth of the business.
- Location: Brussels & remote
- Freelance: 16/01/23 – 31/07/23
- Experience: Medior- Senior
- Availability: 80%-100%
- Languages: ENG/NL/FR ( Written & Oral )
What You’ll Do For Us:
- Execute on the communication strategy for our company priorities including our sustainability strategy and our ambition to become a total beverage company. This in close collaboration with our European & global teams and our bottling partner.
- Act as the spokesperson and handle day-to-day media requests delivering the right messages in a timely matter.
- Lead the Belux corporate digital communications agenda through storytelling on our company website and social media channels working closely with the social media team.
- When needed, advise other associates on media relations and give media trainings and guidance where needed.
- Execute centrally delivered brand PR campaigns (targeting media & influencers) across key brands and work closely with brand managers to deliver strong best-in-class brand PR campaigns using tools like press releases, press trips, press events, media interviews, social media, influencer relations, product placement etc.
- Manage our brand PR agency, manage budgets and oversee evaluation.
- Integrate corporate messaging into Brand PR initiatives
- Internal Communications: engage employees through transparent and regular internal communications, using existing and innovative tools such as Teamsand Yammer.
- Measure results of communication efforts through media monitoring and analysis and report on achievements.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in communication, journalism, literature, linguistics or similar.
- Experience managing a press office, handling journalist enquiries and drafting media responses.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering Brand PR campaigns which deliver results.
- Experience in working across corporate communications for consumer facing brands.
- Experience in developing and running influencer campaigns.
- Experience of briefing senior level executives ahead of media opportunities.
- Self-starter who can take initiative and drive projects forward.
- Good knowledge of the Belgian media landscape and understanding of changes in the PR and media landscape.
- Ability to thrive under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to influence people and align resources toward a common strategic goal.
- Understanding of the political/economic, regulatory and legal environment impacting Belgium & Luxembourg.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
- Full digital and social media engagement-Proficient