Spokesperson & Media Relations Manager
The Maffia and a a large player in the banking and insurance sector are searching for a Spokesperson & Media Relations Manager in Brussels. Does the idea of providing strategic communication advice on the most diverse and complex issues energise you? Are you a born networker with a keen social and environmental radar and a sixth sense for what makes people tick? Are you excited by the world of banking and finance?
Do you make a point of staying up to the minute on the latest political and financial developments in Belgium? Is generating attention for key topics, both internally and externally, second nature to you? If so, then it sounds like you’re exactly the experienced, hands-on, assertive and stress-resistant senior spokesperson we’re looking for!
- Location: Brussels & remote
- Payroll: asap (open-ended contract)
- Freelance: ASAP (3 months, extendable)
- Availability: Full time (80% negotiable)
- Experience: senior
- Languages: NL/FR/EN
What do we expect from you:
Spokespersonship and advice
- Play an active role in enhancing and maintaining our reputation in Belgium.
- Advise senior management and other professionals within the organisation on reputation, complex issues, crisis communication and strategic PR.
- Support and advise senior management and other professionals within the organisation with interviews and other media-related issues (proactive and reactive).
- Act as spokesperson for us and/or our business units towards Belgian journalists and other stakeholders.
- Create and pitch newsworthy stories in the media.
- Initiate, create and coordinate press releases and other related materials.
- Prepare presentations and Q & A documents for the media.
- Organise public meetings for senior management and other key specialists within our company.
- Coordinate and prepare general and specific media training programmes.
Streamlining media contacts
- Pro-actively and reactively maintain a network of contacts with media and other stakeholders.
- Organise press conferences, press briefings, and other meetings.
- Negotiate with journalists on conditions for interviews and with photo and film crews about recordings in company buildings.
- Identify and act on trends, risks and opportunities to enhance and/or protect our reputation.
- Monitor and evaluate PR initiatives and analyse results.
- Write internal briefings and draft press analyses, bulletins, statements and scripts.
- Participate in various squads as a Media Relations representative in consultation with colleagues from other (communication) disciplines.
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate communication plans as a member of various teams.
- Participate in external working groups and consult with other companies and organisations on collaborative campaigns and common issues.
- Experienced in the field with min. 5 years as a spokesperson or communication manager in a corporate or international environment.
- Trusted as an advisor, familiar with discussing sensitive information and issues with executives, senior managers and other professionals.
- Familiar with the inner workings of major businesses and media companies and at ease working with senior managers and specialists within a dynamic corporate culture.
- An excellent and tactical communicator internally (up and down) and a genuine team player.
- Able to work independently and under pressure when necessary.
- Well versed in media relations, both practically and strategically.
- Naturally adept at developing and maintaining a network of media contacts and other relevant stakeholders.
- At home working with wide variety of media and according to in a multi-channel approach, including social and online media, radio and television.
- Pro-active, driven, intellectually curious, creative and with a nose for media opportunities.
- Able to combine speed and accuracy under pressure, prioritising activities with a calm disposition.
- With a very good knowledge of spoken and written Dutch, French and English.